Wednesday 4 April 2012

Juveniles, New and Old

It's been a bit of a wild ride the past few weeks in the studio. I thought it would be an opportunity to show two sculptures I've been working on  for the past few months,both juveniles.

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
This two juveniles are likely no more than 1-2 years difference in age at the time of death, yet they appear worlds apart not only in time at least 1.5 million years but also anatomically. Certainly after looking at these two faces, it makes you wonder how different were their minds.
Anyways, I'm close to finishing LO(little one) so there will be a post on that soon. Also,I have yet to cast in silicone #2(remember her),maybe next week. we'll see.
In the meantime,I am pressing forward with my life-sized figure of Homo Erectus,"Turkana Boy" and hoping to finish the roughing out phase in about two weeks. Again,we'll see.
I will be back later this week,hoping all of you are having a good productive week,take care. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment