Wednesday 25 April 2012

Hyper Realistic Figure Sculpture #1 in Review

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

I thought today's post would be a good opportunity to have a review of this sculpture and to show a bit of it's evolution,pun intended.
The top image is the latest which was taken early this morning. He is more filled out and there is greater definition and clarity to the anatomy although I'm starting to tone down the anatomical forms so they can arrive at a more natural state.

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
I really enjoy looking back at sculptural process although I've presented the images in a sequential order it doesn't show the rather back and forth aspects of modelling in clay. Another issue I had mentioned in earlier posts was the rather peculiar anatomy of this figure. This sculpture is based on a fossil human called Lake Turkana Boy but this individual is very unusual (by modern standards) because he possessed a skull of an 8 year old with a post cranial skeleton of a 15 year old and the body proportions of a tropical adult male. 
It has been so far one of the more challenging figures I've ever attempted so far.
In the meantime,I'm still off site working madly to finish off the moulds for Abraham Ruben and I hope in my next update I'll have new pictures. I should have another post by this weekend.
Thanks for stopping by.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment