Monday 23 January 2012

Skin Texture Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture#6

I've been spending much of the weekend modeling the skin texture on LO. There is a fair bit of experimentation when doing it because the subject (a 6-7 year old child) has very different skin from any of the adult examples in this series. As I've been working,there are constant adjustments to not only the surface but also small corrections are needed for the underlying forms. Below are the latest images to date.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
 This is the early part of the process. The texture on the skin has to be subtle.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
As I've been working,there were more changes made to the neck and shoulders. I guess, the fallout from not building them up concurrently with the face. Always a mistake. I'm still not happy with the shadows around the eyes and that maybe related to inadequate modelling around the eye lids.  But still, the sculpture is moving forward and for me,I'm hoping the piece continues to evolve. It always something to look forward to.

I also wanted to announce a new Porcelain Gallery found just below the banner. It contains the fired porcelain sculptures produced in 2011. I will be making new pieces to add to this gallery later this year.
I'll be back towards the end of this week with some new updates. Cheers.
PS  The light table was successful. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment