Thursday 5 January 2012

Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture #6 Part 8

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
I had some time over the past two days to advance the sculpt on #6,LO(little one). I find it fascinating how the face of this particular sculpture has been changing . Initially, I was experimenting with an ecorche' version of this model but I decided in the end to focus on my original intent.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
More refinement was done to the face as well as the neck and shoulders. You'll notice that the face is noticeably wider and softer which obscures the skull further though the shadows around the eyes will need to be less "bony".
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
 LO is still a long way off from completion but I feel confident that the contouring should be finalized soon.
Even though it's difficult to sex a child so young, my subjective impression based on the model so far is this individual is a girl. I find the facial mask effeminate but then again girls and boys at this age or younger differ little.  It will be a nice change not have to punch in facial hair!

In the meantime, I'm also working on a moulding and casting project for a local hi-tech company and a large  relief for an artist from Port Carling, Ont. I'm hoping to show pictures of those projects and others at a later time.
We'll see. Take care and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment