Tuesday 3 January 2012

Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture #6 Part 7

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
 I'm back again with a new post for the new year. I've been over the past week applying the"skin" to #6, little one. I really love this part of the project because the face really begins to appear. With the face emerging, it was necessary to return to the neck and shoulders in order to bring them back into proper balance. Modelling is a to and fro process with many revisions. You eventually get to point where no new clay is added to the sculpture but instead  the clay is shifted around to where it's needed. The clay that is carved in one spot is added somewhere else until all the forms are connected properly.
I should have the basic topography completed over the next two weeks. We'll see.
I'll be back later this week. Cheers.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

No comments:

Post a Comment