Thursday 23 June 2011

Porcelain Child Post #4

After several posts  in a row on OM,I thought it would be nice for a little change. I  recently had the Porcelain Child fired and it fired successfully. Anyways, here are the latest images.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Although this piece is unglazed, I still find porcelain an extremely smooth body to handle even after firing which reminds me a little bit of the feel of marble prior to final polish.
This is my second attempt at using this material and still trying to figure out the best way to work with it.
And now that I have the finished object, I not sure at this time what the next step should be. Need to experiment further.
Next post, I hope to have further news on OM and other projects as well,till then have a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. looks good, but don't think it would be a good wedding gift, lol

    ReplyDelete