Monday 10 October 2011

Painting Hyper Realistic Sculpture #3 Final

I hope everyone had a good weekend. It's unusually warm in Toronto this past weekend, the so called" Indian summer". During the past few days I've spent some time finishing BB. As I mentioned in the last post. BB needed some blemishes added to the skin. Although  in the photos they appear to be rather subtle, I wanted to avoid overdoing it.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
 In the above image, you can see my palette,a sheet of plain wax paper with several colours having been already mixed plus the small containers holding the various silicone pigments. The pigments are mixed with the silicone rubber and then applied  using a brush sometimes a sponge or it can be sprayed on as well on using an air brush. It really depends on preference,which method you'll feel comfortable with.

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
I've definitely given this sculpture a very fair complexion. Although,I've stated that the painting is complete that is a bit misleading because the final touches can't be done until the hair is punched in and completed.
So the next obvious bit is hair punching. I'm hoping to have time to at least start it this week otherwise there will be other studio updates that I will report on instead.
Talk to all later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment