Thursday 27 October 2011

Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture in Review

As I mentioned in the previous posting, I thought it would be a good time to have a review of BB.
Here we go.
This is early on in the process whereby the muscles are being applied to the skull.
The complete clay model, by the way went through several revisions before it got to this stage.
The beginnings of a very blue mould
The completed but unpainted silicone cast.
The first stage of the painting process.
This is the last stage of painting with a few touch ups to done later.
All the above images are copyright  Art  Di Lella
Finally, the first few stages of hair punching. It's been quite a journey so far with a few steps to go. I wanted to give some idea as to how the process works. But, I don't want to give the idea that this is strictly a form of linear art making. There is a lot of back and forth, constant reassessment of the sculpture itself. Does this piece work with others in this series or should it be on it's own or both? I try to not think too much as this can paralyze the entire project. It's always best to move forward and not let the critical voice get too loud.
Meanwhile, the studio as I mentioned at the top of this post, is very busy and I'm hoping to publish photos of these new sculptures as well and perhaps return to my bronze series.
We'll see. Talk to you all next week, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment