Monday 17 October 2011

Hair Punching Hyper Realistic Sculpture #3 Part 2

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Fall has arrived in Toronto. Cold and wet. Yuck! But on the bright side the fall colours are slowly arriving with their brilliant reds,oranges and yellows but unfortunately too short lived.
It's was a quiet weekend for me so it gave an opportunity to work on BB  I've been advancing the hair insertion on the sculpture so I thought the change was sufficient enough to warrant  another post.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
I've haven't made any decisions regarding hair length or styling and whether to keep the beard or not. I just want to keep my options open for now. I also mentioned in the previous post that it was likely that there would need to be some additional skin colouring or perhaps a bit of tweaking.  I noticed while working on the hair,it became apparent that some painting adjustment will be necessary, so I'll fix it after the hair is completed.
I'll be back with more news later this week. Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. OK, now I'm getting creeped out. Hyper reality, surreality, it's strange the effect it has on one. The blemishes- I never thought about how important they are to the effect.
    Amazing work Art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Lorraine. The creep-out factor is a somewhat unintended consequence of working in the hyper realistic manner. The painting still needs further adjustment but that will done after the hair is completed. Silicone is pretty amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete