Wednesday 1 August 2012

Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture #6 "Little One" Final

Copyright      Art Di Lella  2012

Copyright       Art Di Lella  2012

Copyright         Art Di Lella  2012

Copyright         Art  Di Lella   2012
Hello again, I've been taking some time off here and there over the past few weeks,so that is the main reason I haven't been posting as often. But during this time off, I have been working on #6 Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture and moved this project forward to finally putting the finishing touches on this model.

Today, I just wanted to show the final pictures of this clay model.  I decided to present a couple of close ups of the face with lots of contrast added to the images because it's difficult to see the surface detail without it.  Although it may give the viewer the impression that I have overdone  the texture on the skin, it's actually understated. Children, do have texture on their skin, it's just more subtle than an adult.  So why bother?  I  guess the best way to answer is to say that if the skin is absolutely smooth and then cast in silicone, it tends to look odd ,doll like and very artificial.
But on the other hand, I have to be careful and not get carried away otherwise it will not be believable. The whole process of making this sculpture has been a constant evaluation of the skin and testing it under different lighting conditions before declaring it satisfactory.
Copyright          Art  Di Lella  2012
Moving on, I'll back soon with the introduction of a new sculpture,Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture #7.
Until next time,take care. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment