Monday 12 March 2012

Hyper Realistic Figure Sculpture#1 Homo Erectus Rising

Image copyright  Art Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Hello again, over this past weekend I've been spending some time on building up the masses and establishing  anatomical landmarks on my new figure sculpture. It has been exciting experience for me to work on a larger project for a change and to have the added challenge of trying to make a body that compliments that head. The head as I mentioned in an earlier post is based on a replica of a fossil human from Kenya referred to as KNM-WT 15000 or Lake Turkana Boy. The original fossil  skeleton is amazing in it's completeness but also it's close similarity to modern human skeletons. It should be lots of fun trying sort it all out.

In the meantime I'm currently working on a cement casting sculpture project for an artist in Hamilton as well as moulding a few other sculptures for some local Toronto artists. So in next post I hoping to have some images of what else is happening in the studio.We'll see how things go.
I'll be back later this week . Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment