Thursday 8 March 2012

Hyper Realistic Figure Sculpture #1 Part 3 Armature Final

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

I'm back again with the most recent images of my new sculpture, Hyper Realistic Sculpture #1.The first and second pictures are essentially the same image, the only difference being the camera was shaken in the first and not the second as I took the photo. The head was quickly modeled and it looks typically prehistoric because the skull cast used on the armature is of a 1.5 million year old juvenile from Kenya. This youngster has a larger face and a much smaller brain than any living child but is typical when compared to other fossil humans from that era. It will be a definite challenge to make this individual look and be perceived as a juvenile.

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

It's been a few years since I've worked on a figure of this scale. The sculpture at present measures approximately 160 cm or 5' 4" high. Once the armature is completely covered with a layer of clay then the masses will be built up gradually with lots of adjustments. I'm using a wax maquette that was created in 2003 as my model plus I'll have other reference materials as well to help with this project.
The modeling will take several months to complete mainly because I work on several jobs at a once. In the meantime, work is continuing on #2, #5 and #6 Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture Series. I'm still doing skin texture on #5 and #6 while#2 is waiting to be cast in silicone.
I'm also working on some moulding and casting orders for other artists at the same time,whew!
Work is good, I'm very fortunate.
I'll be back next week, have a great weekend. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment