Monday 13 February 2012

Woman in Blue, Moulding Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture #2

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
I'm still working on #6 LO. I've been trying to finish that clay model over the past two weeks but there were other projects that needed more attention. But the completion is close.

Instead, I've gone ahead and started moulding #2 the young woman. This clay model(the images in this post) was completed back in November (see November 25th post) and as customary it was set aside. About a week ago I had another look at this model and decided she was ready for the next step.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Just like the others in this series (see Hyper Realism Gallery) the silicone is applied with a brush and the coatings are built up to a thickness of at least 1/4" or 6 mm. Then a support mould is constructed to reinforce the mould and maintain it's shape. Afterwards the mould is stripped off the clay model and the prep for casting begins.
In the next post there should be further developments on this mould and some other studio news as well.
I wish all my visitors a great week and I will be back towards the end of this week. Cheers.

PS   I would like to thank Barbara Di Lella for the images in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment