Thursday 8 December 2011

Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture #6 Part 3

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
The studio has been very active this week so far with a number of moulding and casting projects to complete.
I had a bit of time here and there working on the newest bust.  I've been putting more effort in detailing the facial musculature on this sculpture which is different from the previous  individuals in this series.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
I'm still early in the process and still undecided as to how far to go with this detailed anatomical approach.
As I had mentioned before in the previous post, I might go to a two stage route,first an Ecorche' version followed up by a complete one just like the others in this series.
Perhaps,it's a little unusual to do an anatomical bust of a seven year old person but having two versions opens up more possibilities for serialization instead of a one off sculpture. Lots to think about but now I have to focus my efforts on finishing this stage.
In the meantime, I'll will be back on Tuesday next week with some new images of #6 as well as some pics of other studio works.

No comments:

Post a Comment