Friday 2 December 2011

Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture #6 in Silicone

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Today, I wanted to introduce #6 in my series of hyper realistic busts in silicone. This one is a real departure since it will be the only depiction of a juvenile. This child's skull has definitely different proportions from the adult subjects in this series. It has a shorter face both literally and relatively to the size of the cranium when it's compared to an adult skull.  It will be a challenge to come up with a distinctive face on this skull. From my own research, I find young children's skulls to be very much alike. They seem to acquire more "character" or distinctiveness once they hit puberty.
 I really like the rather angular forms of this particular specimen with it's rather bulbous forehead which is typical of juvenile crania. The face, as I mentioned before, is short  which will give the eyes more emphasis and the nose which will likely be short and broad. The other features as well should be typical for a child of this age.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Over the next couple of days, I'll begin roughing out the musculature and map out the facial features as well.  This sculpture project will take several weeks  to complete with  many revisions but I'm looking forward to it.
Like the others, I will publish the latest images with descriptions and show as much of the process as possible including the silicone cast.
Next week, I should have some new pics of #6 plus some other studio news.

No comments:

Post a Comment