Monday 30 May 2011

Painting Silicone Sculpture Part 2

Here are the latest images of the Old Man bust. The painting has taken more time than I thought but that's been my experience with painting silicone sculptures.
The colour still needs to be toned down in spots. It's still a matter searching for the right balance in skin tone.


Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
After I complete the facial features,then the next step is to apply the age related blemishes. During the process, some time was spent just looking at the piece under different lighting conditions in order to evaluate the skin properly .  The whole project requires patience and time, so it's difficult to predict when 
it will be completed. I hope soon .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               


Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

3 comments:

  1. too much pink as for me. pink color is reserved for children:) Your skin color is too soft and to fresh for old people. Adult people, a specially old people have mostly skin with yellow pigment,even light brown. Sculpture shape,all wrinkles - very good. I'm looking now for some tutorials or books to learn how to make sculpture from silicon.Could You help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your assessment in regards to the colour but this post is not of the final result nor is it the only post on this project. Check out the silicone gallery to see the final result

    As far as silicone casting I would look for books on special effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt notice that:) I will check newer posts to see the final form. Thank You for Your good intentions,please let me know if You find something for me. By the way- how did You start Your adventure with silicon sculpture?

      Delete