Friday 20 May 2011

Mouldmaking and Casting Post#2

I've was very busy this week moulding and casting different sculptures. I haven't had much time to work on my own  pieces but that sometimes happens.  Anyways, here are a few images of a Beaver sculpture  I've been working on for the artist  Adrienne Alison.
 The image above,shows the mould(in the background) which I made off of Adrienne's original clay model  as well as the two wax casts that were produced from the mould.  These two wax casts will be sent to The Crucible foundry in Tweed Ontario for casting in bronze.


Photo copyright  Art Di Lella                      Sculpture copyright  Adrienne Alison
You can see Adrienne in action on a youtube video that was produced while she was working on a major sculpture commission in Toronto.  She can be contacted  through the Sculptors Society of Canada website.

Next post, I will definitely have some new images of the Old Man bust  and hopefully more news on my other models. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment