Friday 22 April 2011

Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Bust Post #2

I've been very busy this week moulding and casting other sculptors' work so I haven't had a lot of time to spend on my own sculpture. But, I still want to show the progress so far on this recent reconstructed bust.

Image shown Copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image shown  Copyright  Art  Di Lella
On this second image,you will notice some needle holes above and below the left eye of the model.
The purpose is to measure the thickness of the clay so the depth of the clay is not too thick or thin on the bone.  Mind you, I'm using  forensic tissue depth data only as a guideline because strict adherence to this data assumes all humans within a specific gender,age and ethnicity possess the same tissue measurements. This is where artistic interpretation needs to come into play to prevent parts of the sculpture from arriving at an unreasonable conclusion. It just looks wrong.
Image shown  Copyright  Art  Di Lella
My objective is not identification of this specific individual but more about exploring issues surrounding anonymity and identity.
Again,as I mentioned in the previous post there are still a lot of changes on this piece still to do. I will post more pictures of it's progress soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment