Monday 22 August 2011

Making Changes to Hyper Realistic Bust #5

Over the past several weeks, I've been working on #5.  As I've been working on other projects ,it's given me an opportunity to reflect on this particular model. One of the issues regarding this entire project is the speculated ages of all the individuals . Actually, one of the difficulties in forensic science is the determination of an age for human remains. Not surprisingly, children's remains are easier to age because of the various age determining characteristics found in a developing skeleton.
Anyways, I decided to make #5 a bit younger because after looking at all the images of the skull, it made more sense for me to make him a little younger.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
In the last image you can see the changes from the previous post of #5. The skin on the neck and cheeks is noticeably looser on the last photo than the newest pictures. Again, this is a back forth process and it's still a time for further experimentation and reflection.
I'll be back later this week,talk to you then.

2 comments:

  1. I love the blissful expression on this bust's face. The subtlety that you get in your textures is stunning. And as these posts add up I cna't believe the volume of work you've created with such time-consuming pieces. When's the show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorraine for the kind words.
    It's been almost six months since the blog's inception but it's hard to judge the productivity level because as you well know some pieces seem to come together quickly whereas others are more challenging.
    As far showing any of the busts,I'm hoping to arrange something this fall. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete