Thursday 11 August 2011

Ecorche Bronze Sculpture

I thought this was a good time to introduce some of the sculptures that have been done in bronze. All the bronze's predate the blog's inception. So over next few weeks, I'll be introducing the bronze part of my portfolio and it will be made into it's own separate page.
The first sculpture to be shown in this series will be an ecorche'  female figure. This sculpture was first modeled in wax in 2005 and the bronze cast was later produced in 2006. This particular figure was part of a group of bronze figures that was exhibited at the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition  in 2007.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
image copyright  Art  Di Lella
My interest in anatomy as well as didactic models provided the inspiration for this sculpture including it's other mates. From 2002-2009, most of my work focused on anatomy with ironic content which is still an active part of my present practice.
As mentioned, I'll be posting more bronze images as well as upcoming posts on #5 and the moulding of another hyper realistic bust#3(banner boy).
Till then, have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment