Thursday 28 July 2011

Skulls and Hyper Realistic Sculpture

I thought it would be good to show the rest of the skulls for the installation sculpture that I'm working on at the moment. The following images show #6,a child skull, #7,a young adult male and finally #8 a young adult female.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella


Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
 I find it absolutely fascinating the distinctiveness of each skull. It's been a bit of a surprise for me the faces that have been produced so far.  I really had no way to anticipate how things would turn out.  As I mentioned before,one of the concerns at the beginning of this project was that the sculptures could turn out to be similar or even worse generic. So far that hasn't happened yet.

 In related news,I've started to work on the drawings for the installation itself, specifically the design aspect of the project. I'm working out the entire presentation and currently researching materials for it.
In the meantime, #5 is progressing but there still is a lot of work to do. Next post,I should have some new images of #5.  Till then,have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment