Tuesday 8 January 2013

Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture #8

It's a new year and it's time to start #8, the last in this series of hyper realistic or photo realist busts that are part of an installation idea I've been developing over the past two years.

The subject of today's post is a young adult female. She's a bit unique in that she has a complete set of teeth,all thirty two. They appear to have little wear on them as well which also distinguishes her from the others. I'm looking forward to see how this particular individual compares to #2 also a youngish adult female.

Copyright     Art  Di Lella 2013
Copyright    Art Di Lella 2013
Copyright    Art  Di Lella 2013
Copyright     Art  Di Lella 2013

Copyright        Art  Di Lella 2013

Copyright       Art  Di Lella 2013

Copyright      Art  Di Lella 2013
As you can see I'm at the very beginning of this project. The modelling for me is a very gradual process at the beginning where I spend most of my plotting where the facial features need to go as well trying to follow the skull's form and surface details as carefully as possible. 

There will be frequent updates of her progress plus the studio is quite busy at the moment so I'm hoping to show more images of other artists' works too.
I'll be back soon, enjoy your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment