Thursday 21 June 2012

Skin Texture and Hyper Realism in Black and White Part 2

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Hello, I hope everyone is having a good week so far.
I've been spending most of my time working on a life sized gypsum cement cast of  the "Crucified Christ" by the artist Greg Furmanczyk. In my next post, I'll be publishing pictures of the finished sculpture.
In the meantime, today's post is a followup to a post that was published on June 12th. In that post, I was presenting black and white images of my clay models to show off the skin texture better. I thought this time the finished silicone casts would get the same black and white treatment as well.
Although the skin texture is muted by the translucency of the silicone,the black and white images of the busts themselves seemed to give the sculptures, a sense of heightened reality compared with colour. I've always been impressed with black and white photographs or film because of it's dramatic effect and sense of distance. What do you think?
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
 I'll be back soon, take care have a great weekend.

2 comments: