Friday 4 May 2012

Anatomy and the Figure

Many years ago as an art student, I purchased from a medical supply company a natural bone human skeleton plus a number of skulls and assorted other bones. At the time I felt that having such a collection would aid in having a better understanding of the human form.
Image copyright   Art  Di Lella

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Although all the bones in this post are human nevertheless they share the same beautiful forms and contours with other vertebrate skeletons. I feel each one is like a perfect little sculpture all it's own. Bones like other natural forms have provided  inspiration to both twentieth and twenty first century artists especially sculptors.

I'll be back next week. I wish you all a great weekend. Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment