Monday 7 November 2011

Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture #2 Part 3

I'm sure the regular viewers of this blog have noticed that the posts often follow a linear progression.  I will show pictures that illustrate the process of making a sculpture in a sequential order.
But sometimes I will stop working on a piece and then either start a new sculpture or return to a piece that I was working on earlier in the year. This post is about returning to an earlier sculpture #2 the Young Woman.
This bust, like three others in this series was sculpted in 2010. But in early 2011, I decided to make some changes to this bust and then once more stopped working on it. This past weekend I returned to working on this piece.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
 Sometimes when I'm working I find that these interruptions in the process are beneficial because it will give me the needed time away from a piece that perhaps is struggling and I don't  have an immediate answer. By using this strategy it also prevents me from forcing the issue and overworking the sculpture to a point of abandonment.
Now, I feel closer to a resolution and feel confident this bust will be finished soon.
In the meantime, I'm still working out how to finish BB and of course trying to complete the various moulding and casting projects that are going on in the studio.
I'll be back later this week. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment