Thursday 8 November 2012

Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Figure Sculpture #1 Lake Turkana Boy * Special Topic Feet

This week I've been working on a number of different fronts.
I've been building a retail display for my partner Barbara, moulding and casting a Geisha model for a local model making company, moulding several sculptures for the Toronto sculptor Taline Iskedjian and prepping to make more robot moulds for Matthew Del Degan.
While doing all of this I'd managed to find a few minutes here and there to do sculpting and applying texture to the feet of my Homo Erectus sculpture LTB.

Copyright    Art  Di lella 2012

Copyright    Art  Di Lella 2012

Copyright       Art  Di lella 2012
Feet have amazing complexity both in form and skin texture. The texture varies considerably from the toes having largely just creases to the mid section of the foot with it's complex cross hatching  to finally the heel which has a combination of random deep creases with very fine parallel lines below which connect to the bottom of the feet.
Even though the feet are mostly complete,the rest of the figure including the head are still going through some further revisions. All part of the back and forth process I go through when I sculpt.

Also, I'm hoping to find some time over the next few weeks to return to Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture #2 YW. Remember her.
Copyright    Art  Di Lella 2012                       Silicone cast unpainted.


Anyway, I will be back soon. Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment