Monday 26 March 2012

Hyper Realistic Figure #1 Homo Erectus

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Hi, back again with some new images of my prehistoric juvenile sculpture. I have to say first off, that this sculpture has been more of a challenge than I had originally anticipated. The main reason is the head and body proportions are not at all like a modern adolescent. The original fossil remains are an odd combination of a juvenile head around 8 years with teenage body about 13 years that has body length proportions of a hyper tropical adult.

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
 In the above picture you'll notice that the arms and hands are at the beginning stages and have a rather skeletal look about them. I've been moving cautiously on the arms and for that matter the entire body because I'm trying to find the right proportions and harmonize all these body parts together so it makes some sense to me.
Once the arms and hands are roughed out,I'll begin to build and adjust all the figure's masses,shift things around until I'm satisfied with all the forms.  After that there will be final refinements and texture but that won't be happening anytime soon.

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Here's a quick shot of the feet, the foot cast in the foreground is a cast of my youngest child. I use life casts sometimes as reference,they're useful but somewhat limited.
This week, I'm will be continuing to work on this sculpture plus I'm working on a number of moulds as well.
Talk to you all later. Have a great week. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment