Thursday 1 March 2012

First Anniversary and Hyper Realistic Figure Sculpture #1 Part 1

It's officially one year ago today that I started the Sculpturemoulds blog. I can't believe how fast the year has gone by.  Prior to launching my online art journal, I made a commitment to post at least twice a week because I thought it was important to show that my studio practice is active which it is and there is an interest in providing the visitor with a predictable posting pattern and frequency. With that said,I try to make the photos the main focus of any post and not the text. It's not that words are not important but the strategy I always tried to employ is to be as concise as possible and let the pictures tell the story.

Now, here is the next part of my post.
Over the past year the vast majority of posts have dealt with the human head or in some sense portraits. I don't want give the impression that's the limit of my artistic repertoire and so in today's post is the introduction of Hyper Realistic Figure Sculpture#1. This figure will be based on a wax model of a figure I executed back in 2003. The image below is a composition of some of the materials that will be used in creating this new clay model.

Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
The figure will be natural in size and cast in silicone eventually just like the other models from my
Hyper Realism Sculpture Gallery. This particular project will take several months to complete but there will be frequent updates and news on my other works as well. And as usual,I will be presenting other artists' works on occasion and will be adding new galleries to the blog itself.

This by the way is the first image ever shown on my blog and I hope to improve not only the images but the content as well. I welcome suggestions from readers and you can leave a comment or send me an email sculpturemoulds@gmail.com that would be most appreciated.

I want to take this time to thank two very special people,first of all Barbara, my partner who has been a tremendous support and has been my mentor on this new online journey.  Barbara has helped in so many different ways from helping to design the website to creating the banner, providing advice on composition,images and tags.  She's been very generous and patient through the entire process. I'm very fortunate.
And finally to my friend Arounna, thank you as well for your encouragement and support on this new online presence.

Next week, I'll be back with news on a few different fronts. Thanks to all of you who come to visit. Have a great weekend. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment